Sunday, April 18, 2010

Great Wall

Today, Friday, April 16, we visited the one and only Great Wall.  Like many of you, I have been reading about and seeing pictures of this monument to human achievement since my early days of elementary school and honestly never expected to actually see it and touch it and walk on it; but I did, today!  It is a surreal experience.  I am not going to tell you the history of the Wall, that is well documented by much smarter people than me, so I am just going to share some pictures with you from my 3 hours on the Wall.

Believe it or not, and I did not know this until we got to the Great Wall, but you take a cable car up to the wall because the hike up would take several hours and by the time you got there, you would be too exhausted to walk the Wall.  This is a short video of our ride up on the cable car.

Dave


2 comments: